Sunday, June 14, 2015

Did that really just happen?

I know this will seem more like a rant more than anything but I assure you it's not. Just hear me out. My family has always been far from average, but today was extreme even for us. My dad out of the blue called my sister and I and said he wanted to do a cook out. No big deal right?  WRONG! So my family of six and my sister's family of five were all at my dad's enjoying hot dogs and watermelon. Everyone was having a great time.  And as per usual it had to go down hill. My dad and his wife decided to spring on us that they were considering a move to Atlanta to be closer to her children and grandchildren. Well let's be honest that sucks. But that's not the problem.  Sure it sucks that he's leaving his children and grandchildren to go be with hers that ran to Atlanta to start with.  I can accept that and deal with it. But what I can't accept is them trying to get me worked up and angry about it. The more you talk on it and ask me if I'm upset by it the more upset I become. If I told you how I felt don't assume that there's more to it then there is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment