Saturday, July 11, 2015

Saying goodbye is hard to do

It is that time of year again where I get down and start reflecting on my life.  Ten years ago I lost my best friend to a horrible accident involving a truck driver on I-40.  It really hits home for me not just because it was my best friend who died, but because my dad, my husband, and my brother-in-law are all truck drivers and I worry for them every day.  I get sad and start missing her a lot but especially this time of year since it is the anniversary of her death.  I also think a lot about her in February too.  She and my second born share a birthday of February 27th.  So it really makes me reflect on her.  With the new Fast and the Furious movie that just came out after Paul Walker passed in a tragic accident, there is a song in the movie that really makes me miss my Mandy.  I hear it on the radio at least five times a day and it really makes me thankful for what I do have and the thought that she is here with me helping me through life.  The name of the song is See You Again and it is worth a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment