Saturday, July 11, 2015

Oops

Today I think I made a HUGE mistake!  I decided it would be a great idea to take all four boys to the grocery store with me.  I usually take one at a time just for my own sanity.  But I figured if people can take six or seven at a time whats my four right?  I broke down the rules before we ever got out the car. Don't touch anything, don't walk away from the cart, don't ask for anything.  Break these rules we turn around, walk out, go home and you won't come back until you can act like a gentleman in public.  I just knew we would be going home with no groceries.  But my boys really surprised me.  I mean sure my normal 45 minute shopping trip turned into almost two hours, but they were really patient and well behaved for those two hours.  The man behind us in line told them that he had seen them throughout the store and was really impressed by the way the behaved and wanted to buy them each a treat at the checkout.  Now they want to go as a group every week.  I don't know if I can handle that! They did great and it is a life lesson to learn to behave in public with or without a reward.  They know my rule no treats for doing what you're supposed to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment